The ICEI project that is funded by the European Commission delivers a set of e-infrastructure services that are being federated to form the Fenix Infrastructure. The distinguishing characteristic of this e-infrastructure is that data repositories and scalable supercomputing systems are in close proximity and well integrated. First steps in this direction were planned to be realised in the context of the European Human Brain Project (HBP), which is now the initial prime user of this research infrastructure.
The objectives of the ICEI project can be summarized as follows:
- To perform a coordinated procurement of equipment and related maintenance services, licences for software components, and R&D services for realizing elements of the Fenix e-infrastructure;
- Design a generic e-infrastructure for the HBP, driven by its scientific use-cases and usable by other scientific communities;
- Build the e-infrastructure having the following key characteristics
- Interactive Computing Services
- Elastic access to scalable compute resources
- Federated data infrastructure;
- Establish a suitable e-infrastructure governance
- Develop a resource allocation mechanism to provide resources to HBP users and European researchers at large; and
- Assist in the expansion of the e-infrastructure to other communities that provide additional resources.
|Read about the FENIX Infrastructure||Read about the ICEI Services|
ICEI: Delivering e-infrastructure services
|Access to Fenix IT Services for HBP Users|
|Download flyer||Download flyer|