We are excited to announce the 4th free-of-charge Fenix Infrastructure Webinar "How to make best use of ICEI storage resources" to take place on Tuesday 10 March at 15:00 CET. Read all the details below and register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_C2yrvC9BSF-NzAH8q8oCyA
Date and Time: Tuesday 10 March 2020 15:00-16:00 CET
Cost: Free of charge
Speaker: Thorsten Hater (Jülich Supercomputing Centre)
Description: ICEI offers two different classes of storage: Active and Archival Data Repositories. In this webinar we will outline the principles of the underlying architectures for both, demonstrate how to leverage them for scientific workflows, and summarise current best practices for achieving high performance.
Who should attend?
HPC infrastructure users
Data management and curation teams
Storage organisation and its impact on performance
Differences between storage architecture
- Introduction to the general concept: Active versus archival data repositories
- Active data repositories = parallel file systems with POSIX API
- Typical organisation of PFS
- How to optimise use of PFS, e.g. dos and don'ts
- Selected I/O libraries (e.g. MPI I/O, parallel HDF5)
- Archival data repositories
- Object store architecture
- How to optimise use of ARD
- Swift performance results
The webinar has been recorded and the full recording and presentation slides are now available on the Fenix Webinars page.