The 5th Fenix webinar is titled "How to use ICEI's Virtual Machines for deploying platform services" and takes place on Tuesday 23 June 2020. The speaker, Alex Upton (CSCS), presents details on ways to make use of the Virtual Machines services of ICEI. Read all the details below and register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_uS7q5bdBRpWTH7xsu7KMbw
Date and Time: Tuesday 23 June 2020 15:00-16:00 CET
Cost: Free of charge
Speaker: Alex Upton (CSCS)
Description: Fenix offers a service for deploying virtual machines (VMs) in a stable and controlled environment. This is offered by the different Fenix sites using the OpenStack platform. This webinar will give an introduction to VMs, and how this infrastructure is suitable for deploying platform services. An overview of the OpenStack Horizon web GUI will be presented, using the example of the Pollux VM service at CSCS. During the webinar we will also announce a follow-up online VM tutorial. Stay tuned!
Who should attend?
EBRAINS service developers
Other platform service developers
How to use the Horizon web GUI
Different flavours of VM available
- Introduction to cloud computing and VMs
- What it is suitable and NOT suitable for
- Using the Pollux VM service from CSCS based on OpenStack via the Horizon Web GUI to:
- Switch between different project spaces
- Get an overview of the resources that are available to us
- See the different flavours of VM that we can create
- Q & A
The webinar will be recorded and the full recording and presentation slides will become available on the Fenix Webinars page.