The 8th Fenix Infrastructure Webinar: "Using ICEI resources for processing personal data" takes place on Tuesday 15 December 2020 at 15:00 CET. Read all the details below and register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__JKXBakqQ8aSNQxWWRHPcA
Date and Time: Tuesday 15 December 2020, 15:00-16:00 CET
Cost: Free of charge
Speakers: Anne Nahm and Boris Orth (Juelich Supercomputing Centre)
Description: This webinar will provide a general introduction to the Protection of Personal Data (POPD) and the definition of personal data according to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It will offer an overview of the current regulations for storing and processing of personal data within the Fenix infrastructure, concluding with a concrete example of a project that involves personal data.
Relevant details can also be found here.
Who should attend?
- Current and future users of the Fenix infrastructure who may want to store/process personal data
- HPC infrastructure users
- EBRAINS service developers
- Other platform service developers
- Which class of personal data can be stored and/or processed within the Fenix infrastructure and what are the respective regulations that need to be followed
- Which documentation needs to be provided for project proposals involving personal data
- What is the process for approval of project proposals involving personal data
- General introduction to the Protection of Personal Data (POPD)
- Current regulations for storing/processing of personal data within the Fenix infrastructure
- Example of an ICEI-HBP project that involves personal data
The webinar will be recorded and the full recording and presentation slides will become available on the Fenix Webinars page.